Monday, April 11, 2016

stackoverflow : Finally, the 20,000 rep barrier!

When I started at SO roughly 8 years ago, the highest rep. that gave you extra privileges was 20,000.


so that was always my goal.

However, in writing this, I discovered that they have added a new privilege at 25,000.

It's taken me a while:


but I finally got there.

One of the reasons it's taken so long is that I only answer questions in a very small "obscure" category i.e. around Identity mainly ADFS, SAML and WIF.


I got a big boost from getting a 500 rep. bounty which for a brief instant of time put me into Jon Skeet territory.


i.e. the top 0.01% !!!

(Normally I sit at about 2%).

In  terms of where I sit among the approx 5 million regular SO users (who have rep.):


My badge collection is coming along nicely.


And every now and then I get an extra bonus:


The top non-Microsoft article around MSAL.

OK - that's because it's brand new and there are basically zero articles but hey - I'll take it :-)

So on to 25,000 - only 4,979 to go!

Enjoy!

No comments: